What is the Purpose of a Mission Statement STATES ‘Mission‘ is the purpose of an organisation and the reason for its existence.
What is the Purpose of a Mission Statement? (6 Key Purposes)
A ‘Mission Statement‘ can have SEVERAL different purposes:
- to PROVIDE a basis for consistent strategic planning decisions;
- to ASSIST with translating broad intentions and purposes into corporate objectives;
- to PROVIDE a common purpose for all groups and individuals within the organisation;
- to INSPIRE employees;
- to ESTABLISH goals and ethics for the organisation; AND
- to IMPROVE the understanding and support for the organisation from external stakeholder groups and the public in general.
Chartered Accountant (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan)
Bachelor of Accounting Honours (Asia e University, Malaysia)